Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.

-The Mock Turtle

Friday, December 5, 2008

My Fallen Angel

Oh my love, my only, where do I even begin?
You were my everything; you were my only sin…
Everything I did I did for you, all the things I say are said for you.
What have I done to deserve such treatment from you?
You are my angel; don't betray my trust, my love, my love…
But I am the only thing in this world you want to be rid of.
I was there at the moment of your glory; I was there at the decline.
I saw you fall from Paradise; I knew you would never be mine.
Why have I let you torture me all these years?
Why is it to let me love you is your only fear?
You haunt my dreams…but you always turn away in disgust.
What have I done, for you care not for me, only for your lust.
I watched them all come and go; can you not see I'm the last one here?
You could've had me so many times before, but you won't even take me now I'm so near.
I must've hurt you in an unimaginable way, done something that was more than you could take.
Or perhaps my hope is only an illusion, and my love only a mistake.

© Elizabeth White 2007

No comments: