Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.

-The Mock Turtle

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Something Wicked This Way Comes

I finally was able to watch the movie last night, after having finished the book a couple weeks ago. And it was perfect. Jonathan Pryce was a perfect Mr. Dark. There was more depth in the book [obv.], but the movie did a really good job of getting the meat of it. A lot of the scarier stuff in the book was left out, and Mr. Dark's death was different. There was a few subtle differences here and there [such as Mr. Halloway smoked in the movie but not in the book], and these were mostly done to save time and keep the movie flowy smoothly. It was wondeful. I was pretty surprised when I read the book, because I mostly associate Ray Bradbury with sci-fi, and I'm not too fond of that. I've read The Illustrated Man and Farenheit 451, and I liked Farenheit 451 ok, but I detest The Illustrated Man. I don't like depressing books, and that book seriously depreses me. This one, however, was like a little pink cupcake covered with bat-shaped sprinkles. I will definitely being reading (and watching) it again.

No comments: