Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.

-The Mock Turtle

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

So what does boredom do to you?

I causes me to play with my eyelashes and search 'goth' on YouTube. I came across this video:


This is the first time I've actually ever heard about that murder, but I really have to give my opinion on it. The Goth subculture didn't influence that boy to kill anyone. He choose to kill her himself. He knew the difference between right and wrong and he choose wrong. If he was a Satanist, that's not because the Goth subculture told him to be. That was his own choice. Most likely he was just as misguided about Goths, if he indeed was one, as those news anchors. He probably thought all Goths were Satanists or serial killers or cult members or other such nonsense. I don't know. I just think the whole idea of someone who spends their time reading classic literature by candle light clad in black velvet being seen as dangerous in any way is incredibly.....silly. They'll be spending more time mourning over the moral decay of society and pining for bat cookies then they will planning your murder, I assure you. Unless, of course, they are indeed quite misguided and uneducated, and don't truly understand what 'Goth' is.

No comments: