Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.

-The Mock Turtle

Saturday, January 2, 2010

My style 'resolutions.'

1. Don't rely on black. This will be a very hard resolution to keep. I rely on black as the foundation for almost every outfit I wear. Black is lovely and I love wearing it, but wearing it all the time can get boring. I start getting into safe zones and not stretching my creativity. I hate that.
My Jewel
My Jewel by Odotta featuring Lipsy


2. Add animals! I love love love love love animals. I love octopuses, I love insects. Regardless of what's 'in' at the moment, I can use my accessories to show the world how in love I am with wildlife and strange beasts. ^_^


3. Accessorize more. Like previously mentioned, my accessories can take me a long way. I can ear the same thing twice and make it look completely different. It's all in the accessories. And I must admit, sometimes I forget the power of a good bracelet or smashing earrings and just throw on clothes, shoes, and grab my purse and go. This is a big no no for 2010. I want to use my accessories to their fullest extent this year. I want to get the biggest bang for my buck.


4. Only buy what I need. This one will be painful. If I don't need it, I don't need to buy it. I'm moving into the adult world, and there are quite a few things God has in store for me this year. I'll be doing a lot of growing up and getting ready to handle some very grown up things. And buying crap I don't need that I'm never going to wear.... it's just not a good idea. If I don't need it and if it's not going to stretch itself and work with everything in my wardrobe, I don't need to buy it. This means list making, stretching my wardrobe, and learning how to wear things a million different ways.
5. Have fun! Don't fall into safe zones or wear the same things over and over again. Take chances, make mistakes, try trends, have fun.

No comments: