1. Don't rely on black. This will be a very hard resolution to keep. I rely on black as the foundation for almost every outfit I wear. Black is lovely and I love wearing it, but wearing it all the time can get boring. I start getting into safe zones and not stretching my creativity. I hate that.
2. Add animals! I love love love love love animals. I love octopuses, I love insects. Regardless of what's 'in' at the moment, I can use my accessories to show the world how in love I am with wildlife and strange beasts. ^_^
3. Accessorize more. Like previously mentioned, my accessories can take me a long way. I can ear the same thing twice and make it look completely different. It's all in the accessories. And I must admit, sometimes I forget the power of a good bracelet or smashing earrings and just throw on clothes, shoes, and grab my purse and go. This is a big no no for 2010. I want to use my accessories to their fullest extent this year. I want to get the biggest bang for my buck.
4. Only buy what I need. This one will be painful. If I don't need it, I don't need to buy it. I'm moving into the adult world, and there are quite a few things God has in store for me this year. I'll be doing a lot of growing up and getting ready to handle some very grown up things. And buying crap I don't need that I'm never going to wear.... it's just not a good idea. If I don't need it and if it's not going to stretch itself and work with everything in my wardrobe, I don't need to buy it. This means list making, stretching my wardrobe, and learning how to wear things a million different ways.
5. Have fun! Don't fall into safe zones or wear the same things over and over again. Take chances, make mistakes, try trends, have fun.
Of Goth and Halloween Costumes
3 weeks ago