Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.

-The Mock Turtle

Monday, August 17, 2009

The Witches

I just finished reading Roald Dahl's The Witches, and it was excellent. The witches were horrible, child-squelching creatures that tried to kill children any way possible. It was a wonderful read, very light and easy, and I found the illustrations hilarious. I could just be being biased, since I love Roald Dahl and all his work. I don't think I am though, I think he's just a genius. You could let your 1st grader read this book and they'd be captivated for hours, but you could sit down and read it yourself and still be just as entertained. And I think you would enjoy it even more, since adults grasp the concept of death a bit better than children.
And Fantastic Mr. Fox is in theaters November 13th, 2009! Mark your calendars!

No comments: