Well, I never heard it before, but it sounds uncommon nonsense.

-The Mock Turtle

Monday, June 29, 2009

Little brothers...

I've been thinking about the relationship I have with my little brothers for awhile now. So far it's been the typical "I'm their big sister, so I only deal with them because I have to." Kind of...boring. That's pretty much every girl's relationship with her little brother(s). People are shocked by my relationship with my older brother because he's one of my best friends! We're incredibly close. I want to have a good relationship with my little brothers, too, because I've been thinking about the way things in heaven will be. They won't be like my annoying, pesky little brothers anymore. I won't look at my parents the same way. We will all be equal, the way God made it. No one will be above anyone else. And He's not going to be impressed with my typical, boring, pretty bad relationship with my two younger brothers. I want to be able to say to Him "Yes, I treated them the way I wanted to be treated. Yes, we are friends and siblings just like it should be."
That won't be easy, because my brothers LOVE that whole "I hate my older sister" thing, but it's going to be worth it.

No comments: